Sunday, February 1, 2009

Pumpkin Crunch Cake

1 can pumpkin (I use the 15 oz. can)
large evaporated milk (I use the large can)
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 t. pumpkin pie spice
1 t. salt
4 eggs
1 box yellow cake mix
1 c. chopped pecans
2 sticks margarine (I use butter but this is the original recipe)

Beat together first 6 ingredients and pour into buttered 9x13 pan. sprinkle yellow cake mix over pumpkin mixture. sprinkle chopped pecans over cake mix. thinly slice margarine over pecans. Bake 350 for 50 minutes.

I got this recipe from a little tea house in
old town spring (just outside of Houston). I actually had to purchase it for a small fee (kind of funny) this was years ago when I use to live in Houston. Anyway, this is the exact original recipe they did not specify on a few ingredients but I made it work.

Hope you enjoy!!!

1 comment: